The firm's logo was a shield advertising fine cut chewing tobacco.
1863 Company founded and locate in Mill Street, Rochester, New York
1888 Managed by James L. Whalen and Richard F. Whalen and documentation evidenced (Billhead) confirming that company was doing business during the American Civil War (then as Woodbury & Whalen)
1890 Company relocated 194 Mill Street producing fine cut chewing and smoking tobacco, cigars, snuff, plug tobacco and cigarettes
|R Whalen Branded Papers||Date|
|Billy Boy||1890 - 1910|